From Decatur’s Herald & Review | April 14, 2018
If a dramatic building could ever transmute into limestone, marble, bronze, glass, wood and steel the essence of the man who inspired it, Decatur industrial baron Augustus Eugene Staley’s former corporate headquarters is the place.
Completed for him 88 years ago in April 1930, the building at 2200 E. Eldorado St. was more than a mere head office for the founder of the former A.E. Staley Manufacturing Company. Staley wanted a capitalistic ode to joy sung in soaring architecture that would rise to a height of 217 feet and stretch to 263 wide and 103 feet deep.
[button link=”https://herald-review.com/news/inside-the-castle-in-the-cornfields-the-office-of-a/article_e17ed802-39d5-5ac7-afb8-d40457490b1b.html”]Read the Full Article at herald-review.com >[/button]